My humble little abode

My humble little abode

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Honolulu, Hawaii




Well I finally made it to beautiful Hawaii!!!! One of the first things I remember when I first walked outside is it was so nice to see green things! I missed seeing trees and and birds (even though we have little sea birds that follow our ship all over) so it was really nice to see that.




So Kristen and I decided that we would make excellent traveling partners
(which we did and still do) and we wanted to just have a chill day in Hawaii. So it took all of us a very long time to get off the boat even though we started going through customs at 7am and we did not even get off until 11ish, but o well! Once we got there everybody slowly got off the boat and went there own ways. (I know at least 100 kids panned there own trip to go skydiving and from the sounds of it, it was a lot of fun!)




Kristen and I made it a point to find a starbucks and a jamba juice before we left the United States. So that was the first thing we did. After we found that we just walked around and did not really do too much. We went to this mall cause my iPod died a couple of days before we got to Hawaii so we found an Apple store that I could exchange it for a new one. Then we found some lunch (I had tamales) and went to the beach. Since there were 600+ it was pretty easy to find all of the SAS kids which we hung out with for the rest of the afternoon. After it got dark we went with a small group to find some dinner. We went to this little cute cafe and got some cheap dinner and headed back to the ship.


We have these rules that you have to be checked in and back on the boat two hours before it is set to leave. However, in order to be back on the boat by that time you have to come to the ship at least an hour and a half before that time even. The reason being is that we have to go one by one through security both in the terminal and in the boat to make sure people are not bringing illegal things on the boat. Like alcohol! There were a hand full of kids that tried to sneak alcohol on and they got busted and got "dock time" for the next port (which means that they have to stay on the boat so many hours in the next port after the last person gets off). One of my "friends" got 24 hours of dock time in Japan! So as a result of that crazy long security line we all now know that we have to be standing in line 2 hours before the time you want to be on the ship.


Over all I had a good time in Hawaii. Just hung out really and tried to have a stress free day! But Hawaii is in the US and is always some place I can go back to.


No comments: